4. Nampaknya Zaid tak tidur nyenyak, by I am a Malaysian (Eric, I thought this was a posting in BM. If it was, I would have bad news for you: Zaid pun Melayu jugak, so he understands BM and you may still get sued for this! So lucky for you coz your posting's not in BM!)
5. Zaid blames Kadir for insomnia by Mat Cendana
Senator Zaid Ibrahim Saman Saya by The Scribe
Zaid Ibrahim vs A. Kadir Jasin. I can't explain how Zaid Ibrahim, whom I once described as "maverick", has gone down this way. When Jeff Ooi (now YB) and I were sued by the NSTP and its top execs in early 2007, Zaid was one of the people who "walked" with us, meaning he supported us (which included Marina Mahathir, Haris Ibrahim, Bernard Khoo, Syed Imran, Sheih Kickdefella, Mob1900, Elizabeth Wong, Big Dog, A Voice, Raja Petra Kamarudin, and many, many others). Now Zaid has joined the queue of influential and wealthy individuals who are suing bloggers.
Why, Zaid, why?
The Scribe, who is being sued by the former Umno strongman who resigned to join PKR and is now one of Anwar Ibrahim's trusted lieutenants, isn't the only one asking the question. We all want to know. A Singapore blogger was so taken aback: "And that's the future Prime Minister of Malaysia?"
With his latest action, I no longer want to describe Zaid as a "maverick". A maverick is unique, someone who dares go against the flow, a person you respect - even grudgingly - for his principles. (In any case, Barry Wain has given the title the "Malaysian Maverick" to Dr Mahathir, a fact that many commenters have been reminding me lately). Someone suggests another adjective - a 5-letter word that rhymes with"maverick" - to describe Zaid, but hit my head with a brick (which also rhymes with"maverick" and is a five-letter word), why would I risk being sued by Zaid for calling him a "prick"?
Notes: Kadir's article that offended Zaid is entitled Zaid, the Hurrican Hattie of PKR dated Oct 21. Zaid's scathing response to that article came just a day after, entitled Kalau Hati Dah Busuk ..
Pic is the cover of this afternoon's The Malay Mail. Read the stories online, h e r e.
1. Pembangkang takut hadapi kenyataan by Syed Alhabshee
2. Pro freedom of speech senator suing blogger by Jebat Must Die
3. Kadir Jasin sued by Zaid Ibrahim by Zakhir Mohd