NOT WANTED. Prominent lawyer Malik Imtiaz, who is president of the National Human Rights Society (Hakam), has called for comprehensive mandate be given to the Royal Commission of Enquiry that will look into the V.K Lingam's video clip.
Malik also spelt out the persons who SHOULD NOT be asked to be members the Commission:
Read his other thoughts on the Commission here.
- Any Chief Justice since Tun Abdul Hamid, including Tun Hamid himself;
- Retired judges who served Tun Eusoff Chin, Tun Mohamed Dzaiddin and Tun Ahmad Fairuz;
- Any judge currently serving as such;
- Any person closely connected with the Government and/or who served the Mahathir Administration and/or the Badawi Administration or still serves. This would include former Attorney Generals; and/or
- Any person who might be perceived to have grievances against the Government and/or the Judicial Administration in the period from 1988. This would include Tun Salleh Abbas and any of the members of the Judiciary penalized in the 1988 attack on the Judiciary.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Royal Commission: Who should not be appointed
San Francisco, Nov 17: PM Anwar Ibrahim should be delighted with the outcome of the APEC meetings which ended today but he said he was only ...
Amirudin is trying to silence (me) with the lawsuits - Razak Ismail, Green Party sec-gen Damansara, 30 July: I don’t quite understand why...
Wed, 5 April: Some Malaysians don’t think much of memoranda of understanding and that’s quite, er, understandable. For there was a time whe...