Chivalry and the gentlemen bloggers.
1. Former teacher and blogger Bernard Khoo of the Zorro-unmasked fame, who still trains little kids so that they'll grow up doing what's right, wants it to be on record that "most Malaysians don't say stupid things". He has offered three takes on the Tengku Adnan vs Women Bloggers issue here, here and here.
2. Pasquale tells us that "in a real parliamentry democratic system, (Tengku Adnan) would have been asked by his Prime Minister to make a public apology over his remark on women, since they are the voters .. But the reality is, this is a tin-pot fake democratic system where even the Prime Minister does not know which way is up or down!" Read his Real Conspiracy to Control .. Women!
3. Blogger A Voice has re-written the lyrics of Stupid Cupid to support his call here for a new law to punish stupidity against women bloggers.
4. Walski has not just posted but postered his disgust here! "What on earth was (Tengku Adnan) thinking when he proclaimed that out of 10,000 bloggers (all unemployed, by the way), 80% are women, and all 100% are liars, anti-National Unity, and pro-Civil War?"
5. And Amir Hafizi of the Malay Male blog thinks this is an Indian Conspiracy! He wrote a long posting but much of it, regrettably, can't be reproduced here so please go to there.
6. Mob's Crib has issued a new movie poster Minister, Interrupted in conjunction with Visit Bolehland Year 2007, acting Angelina Jolie and one Tengkoo Adnan!
7. Jeff Ooi posted his utter disbelief here with Ku Nan's statement before boarding a flight home. He was thinking of Conan The Barbarian for his in-flight movie entertainment.
8. Black's @ Amin Iskandar in Gwangju, South Korea has given the issue a wider international coverage, here.
9. Tony G the Stand-up Philosopher has a daughter who blogs and he is pissed. "Mr Tourism sir, my daughter is also a blogger and you have accused my daughter of being a liar. Please sir, prove to me that she is a liar otherwise I think she deserves an apology from you for that accusation. If you wish to know which is her blog, I suggest you go through the entire 8,000 female mended blogs and decide. If you are unable to do so, than apologise to all the female bloggers you labeled as liars....if you have the BALLS to do so. In closing, sir, IF YOU CANNOT DAZZLE US WITH YOU INTELLIGENCE, PLEASE DO NOT BAFFLE US WITH YOUR IMBECILITY."
10. SKThew says Tengku Adnan's statement, which was made in response to Nila Tanzil's bad experience as an "invited guest" to the ministry's VMY media campaign, shows that the minister did not take kindly to criticisms.
11. Big Dog's Reject Minister's foot in mouth... says "if (the minister) had par level intelligence, he ought to work with these thousands of Malaysian bloggers, including abroad, well networked in the cybersphere, to help promote tourism for Malaysia and focus on the ‘Visit Malaysia Year 2007′."
12. Maverick SM the Cakap Tak Serupa Bikin blogger observes here that "It seems that the whole governmental ministers and UMNO leaders are at odds with bloggers. Who are the bloggers? They are Malaysians. Are they disillusion with the government and more so, with the leaders for their dim-wit stance and idiotic performances? The government is supposed to be the government of the people, by the people, for the people. But the government had shown that they are there to suppress the people who voted them in and make them rich."
He has a question with about Tengku Adnan's sexual slug: "Will women bloggers lodge a police report for sedition and sexual discrimination?"
13. I Am A Malaysian blogger e-Woon says the minister is probably scaring tourists away instead of drawing them. "Think before you speak, sir. When you don't look good, you make us Malaysians not look good. Your latest issue has stained us worldwide and the stench reeks and lingers as far."
14. Clark Gable of Pulau Duyong listed 10 possible reasons why the Minister said what he said. 1. Is it his prostate problem? Now blocking the water flow now flooding his brain. 2. Is it something that he ate that stop wind fr coming out that all went to his head..airhead?? ... Find out what the other eight possibilities are, here.
and many more ...
Bangsar, 17 May: Good to hear that the Kuala Lumpur CID will now investigate a skirmish involving a security guard and journalists from The ...
Ask us (the long-suffering consumers) what we want Bangsar, Dec 9: It’s always good to review a decision, especially one involving something...
Bangsar, Thu 17 March: Re Onn Hafiz Ghazi, the new Menteri Besar of Johor, I wish people would stop talking about how young he is. Because ...