|Ibrahim Ali: Shoot first ...|
There are a few salient facts about the politician Ibrahim Ali that you must know when crucifying him for his gedebe talk about burning Malay-language Bibles that use Islam's "Allah" instead of god.
1. He became the MP for Pasir Mas after beating the Barisan Nasional candidate. Ibrahim contested as an Independent candidate BUT under the PAS banner, meaning he was a de facto Pakatan candidate! (PAS is a component of Pakatan Rakyat but that you know already);
2. Ibrahim Ali is not a member of UMNO;
3. Perkasa, the NGO he founded, is not a part of UMNO or the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition;
4. He does not hold any post in Government;
5. The guy graduated from ITM, which means:
a. He is not stupid
b. ITM does not brainwash its students to be pro-Government
6. Ibrahim Ali was a PAS member before he jumped to UMNO, Semangat 46, and went into the unholy alliance with PAS/Pakatan Rakyat in PRU12.
|PAS proudly presents ... h e r e|
For PRU13, one thing certain is the dood won't stand as a candidate in Sabah or Sarawak after his stunt with the Bible. UMNO has always kept a healthy distance: Ibrahim and Perkasa are less harsh towards UMNO after Pak Lah stepped down but UMNO has always been wary of Ibrahim. So, that leaves PAS. What are the chances that Ibrahim Ali will contest once again as an independent candidate under the PAS banner? I say the chances are slim but, ahoy, this is politics. As a corporate chief reminded me at the Press Club last week: "In politics, there are no fixed friends and no fixed enemies; only fixed goals."