The Rich Get Richer. Robert Kuok remains the richest Malaysian, according to Malaysian Business' 6th annual tycoon list. His personal wealth is estimated to be RM32. 4 billion, way ahead of second richest Tatparanandam Ananda Krishnan, Malaysia's satellite launcher.
Things you might want to know about our Rich 40:
1. The top 10 are all 55 and above
2. Everyone is above 40 except one
3. The oldest rich Malaysian is Lim Goh Tong, the casino king. He is 89
4. The youngest (and the only one under 40) is Lee Yeow Seng of IOI Group. He is only 28 years old and is the 15th richest Malaysian. This is also his first time on the list
5. Dr Mahathir's son Mokhzani, 45, is the 23rd richest. He is also a new addition to this year's list
6. Sultan Selangor, who was on last year's list, is out
7. Negri Sembilan prince Tunku Yaacob Tunku Abdullah fills that royalty "quota". He is 29th richest
8. Six of the top 40 tycoons are with the YTL Group. Their combined worth reaches RM6 billion, about the total wealth of Lee Shin Cheng of IOI Group, who is the sixth richest
9. The richest Malaysian woman is Chong Chook Yew, 84, of Selangor Properties Bhd. She's worth RM562 million. Raja Eleena Raja Azlan Shah, 46 years old member of the Perak royalty and 30th richest, is worth RM469 million.
10. There are 28 Chinese Malaysians on the list