There are daily gems in the the social media by people - real people, ie not Anonymous - who are not defending 1MDB or Najib Razak as much as they are defending common sense and the truth. This piece by one Azmi Arshad of Shah Alam (I met the dude in some bike [food] fests a while ago) is one of those. From time to time, I hope to publish these gems, with the hope of sharing their sense of humour, at the very least, and to provide a better perspective for all of us. May we all keep our sanity for a little while longer. - Bru
JUSTO ANNOY ZAPPERSBy Azmi Arshad
SHAH ALAM, 26 June: Zappers (Zombies and Pentaksub Personified) are very upset at the arrest of Xavier Justo. They are now defending him like zombies had defended Anwar Ibrahim.
This is what zappers say:
1. This “proves" the documents were genuine. Of course zappers ignored the part where PGI said the documents had been tampered. Well, what to do… zappers are used to reading only the headlines or news captions. Remember when zombies said Anwar Ibrahim’s sperm had been tampered when it had not — now zappers can’t believe that Petrosaudi’s documents had been tampered with.
2. They call the Justo a “whistleblower”. This reminds me of zombies calling Anwar a “political prisoner”. They can’t bear Justo, their tatooed hero (who was sacked by his employer), being called a blackmailer or extortionist. I’ve never heard of a whistleblower asking for millions to not “blow the whistle”. Usually they just want protection.
3. Suddenly zappers are now claiming Justo's arrest does not make the RM42 billion debt disappear after previously claiming that RM42 billion had disappeared. Well, nobody ever denied that there was debt of RM42 billion (although zappers pretended not to see the corresponding assets of RM51 billion) but the debt is being managed and 1MDB won’t go bust because of it (much to the frustration of zappers). This is kind of like zombies conceding that Anwar did commit sodomy but that it was “consensual".
3. One zapper even asked something as irrelevant as why then did 1MDB desperately sell the TRX land or who pays for the report that shows that documents were tampered. It reminded me of Anwar Ibrahim claiming there was a government conspiracy to convict him while not changing the fact that it was his sperm in someone’s butt. I wonder if these zappers think that everything is so inter-dependent that this also affects the price of bananas in Africa.
4. Ada juga yang bodoh kata what’s the point of doing business if the profit is not enough to pay the finance costs. Zappers think 1MDB plans to make losses every year probably because they have no idea what cashflow projections, NPV and IRR are about. Companies like Astro would not exist if the shareholders and management had that kind of zapper mentality. This just confirms zappers dah buntu. Almost like when Anwar’s zombies complained about Tan Sri Shafee’s roadshow.
5. Zappers are looking at Justo’s arrest very suspiciously, as though the Malaysian government planned it as part of a "cover-up”. Ya ya ya…. just like Anwar’s arrest was also a government conspiracy.
Quite simply put, Zappers have been floored by Justo’s arrest and other revelations that came about with the arrest. Fortunately many had not yet been fully transformed into zappers and have taken a step back to re-evaluate their position. Hard core zappers will however continue to make fools of themselves trying to defend the indefensible.
Nonetheless, so how now zappers? When are you going to produce facts and logical arguments that billions of dollars have been siphoned out of 1MDB? When are you going to prove that 1MDB has defaulted on loans? When are you going to prove that 1MDB is not a going concern? When are you going to prove that 1MDB paid US$500m commission to Goldman Sachs? When are you going to prove that Good Star Ltd belongs to Jho Low and not Petrosaudi? When are you going to prove that 1MDB issued a guarantee letter to Jho Low’s company? When are you going to prove that the BSI asset was worthless even if international banks knew otherwise? When? When?
Like many others, I’m not impressed with rhetoric, drama and meroyan. Just bring out the facts lah … Even if you don’t have facts, bring out logical arguments instead of telling us your wet dreams.