YES. After her headline-grabbing 80% homicide-20% suicide conclusion on Teoh Beng Hock's death, Dr Porntip Rojanasunan, the Thai pathologist, should be allowed by the on-going inquest into the death of TBH to conduct a second post-mortem on TBH. Not just because it will allow her the chance to test her 80-20 theory* but to help bring all the evidence to the court in order to help the Inquest determine the cause of TBH's death on July 16.
Yesterday, TBH's family agreed to enhume the body for a post-mortem by Porntip, according to NST here. "I have advised them and they now have decided that it is significant and important to have the second post-mortem," Gobind Deo Singh said in his capacity as counsel for the family.
Yes, not many people are aware that Dr Porntip had indeed been invited by the Selangor state government to perform the first post-mortem jointly with the local pathologists but she did not come, not because she was not free but because Teoh's family did not want her to do the autopsy.
Gobind said the application to exhume the body will be filed later today. I hope the Court grants it.
p.s. Someone should also draw Dr Porntip's attention to the recommendations made earlier this year by an Independent Investigating Committee into the death of Kugan a/l Ananthan which involved two post-mortems. Or she can read it here.
* The Thai forensic expert had formed her opinion after examining the first post-mortem photographs, one set of scene of incident reports, X-rays, and trancripts of Dr Khairul's and Dr Prashant's testimony. She was not given 3 DNA reports, toxicology report and two important sets of photographs and, therefore, was not aware of the negative DNA reports and toxicology report. Dr Porntip had agreed that it was important that she be given these reports before coming to an opinion, especially as she did not perform the autopsy, did not inspect the body and scene of the incident.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Should Dr Porntip be allowed to conduct 2nd post-mortem on TBH?
At 12:02 am