The FIVE things the PM must do before he goes. After 5 years and zilch, the PM is suddenly talking to the Press h e r e about wanting to resolve so many things in the short time that he still has before he says goodbye.
I didn't want to say it but it's really pathetic. He should not try and achieve these things given such a short period because he would likely leave a mess that others would later have to clean up.
Pak Lah should read the rubbish his creation published in the NST today. Kalimullah Masheerul Hassan blames others for why the PM did not succeed in making the reforms. If he could not do it in the 5 years that he had, how the hell could he expect to do it in the six months or so he has left? Isn't that what Mr Kali is, in effect, telling his friend and master?
But at a time when his friends and advisers would abandon him, I am confident that there is still some fire left in the Prime Minister to do 5 things before March. If he succeeds in achieving these 5 things, he would be remembered as a savior of sorts.
1. Get the cronies and advisers out. Retire Kalimullah Masheerul Hassan from the NSTP. He has done nothing to endear Pak Lah to the people, especially to his party and in particular to the PM's predecessor. There are his other adviisers and hangers-on; they know who they are and should not wait for the axe to make them go. Abdullah's failures are due to the people who advised him and advised him wrongly. They have failed the PM and have no reason to stay.
2. Clean up the scandals of his time. There is time to at least initiate probes into the various business deals that have raised questions and doubts, starting with the Pantai Holdings and the purchase of ECM-Libra shares by his son-in-law. The latest deal involving Maybank's purchase of BII shares also involved the Finance Ministry. In between, we saw the ECM-Avenue Asset merger, the plantation merger that was supposed have given birth to a Synergy Drive but never did, the Scomi questions, the fuel price increase, and Oil-for-Food controversy. It is best for Pak Lah to explain these to us while he is still Prime Minister. Learn from Dr Mahathir: when you're down, they won't listen to you.
3. Put a closure to Islam Hadhari. Pak Lah started this idea; Pak Lah must find a good way to end it.
4. Order his son-in-law to leave the Umno Youth race. This is the biggest favour Pak Lah can do for Umno and Barisan Nasional at this very late stage. It will be a big favour he'll be doing for his beloved son-in-law. Khairy Jamaluddin has been blamed for much of Pak Lah's unpopularity and that's not a fantastic claim. Conduct a survey if Pak Lah does not want to take my word for it.
5. Apologize to the people of Johor for not being able to be with them during the Big Floods of 2006.
Other reactions to Kalimullah's outburst in NST today:
Take your advice and shove it by Ashraf Abdullah
Defence Counsel, Kalimullah by Sakmongkol AK47
Desperate Idiot by Apanama
Friday, October 10, 2008
Pak Lah, could you take the garbage out as you leave, please?
Damansara, 31 Aug : I was listening to Prime Minister Ismail Sabri’s Merdeka message on radio as I was driving yesterday. A typical “Keluar...
Ask us (the long-suffering consumers) what we want Bangsar, Dec 9: It’s always good to review a decision, especially one involving something...
Updated 1234pm Nov 05 // Read also EdisiSiasat and Latifah Koyak: Moneypulasi WHEN TOMMY THOMAS was the Attorney-General, new and smelling l...