For the recent forum on the legacy of Tun Razak, the organizers invited Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah to deliver an address. However, Ku Li did not get to finish his prepared speech; he was asked to cut it short in order for the organizers to let Tun Musa Hitam say a word or two. A blogger in the audience was utterly disappointed: "Musa did not make preparations," he wrote here.
A weblog dedicated to the man who came closest to beating Dr Mahathir in an Umno presidential election has published the unfinished address by Ku Li here.
Among other things, Ku Li listed 6 reasons why the Malays are still lagging in terms of economic achievements despite the NEP:1. Malays are not united
2. Their minds continue to be subject to indoctrination
3. In a crisis, they are reactive rather than proactive
4. They are losing the battle against corruption and other trappings of capitalism and wealth
5. Malay ministers are becoming increasingly apologetic
6. The Malays fail to capitalise their strength in terms of numbers to form a formidable business network
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Ku Li's incomplete address
TTDI, 29 Nov: They are cutting the trees again in Taman Tun Dr Ismail, once one of the greenest housing estates in KL. Well, it probably ...
Amirudin is trying to silence (me) with the lawsuits - Razak Ismail, Green Party sec-gen Damansara, 30 July: I don’t quite understand why...
Wed, 5 April: Some Malaysians don’t think much of memoranda of understanding and that’s quite, er, understandable. For there was a time whe...