The Singaporean's job starts with a two-day course later this week. Bureau chiefs are generally experienced journalists with good political connections and leadership qualities.
The Singaporean comes highly recommended by another ex-ST operative, Brendan Pereira, who is now the Group Editor of the New Straits Times.
This is the first time a Singapore Straits Times' former reporter has been brought to directly train senior journalists from the Umno-owned NST. Brendan was brought in by former group editor-in-chief of NSTP and now its Editorial Adviser, Kalimullah Hassan, who was also a Singapore Straits Times reporter.
Both Kalimullah and Brendan are part of the so-called "inner circle" of the Abdullah Administration. Kalimullah was a staunch critic of Dr M even before the ex-PM's current spat with the PM.
Revi and Brendan have known each other for years. They are immortalised digitally on this website (CLICK HERE) on the same page headlined The Unusual Character & Extra Value of Singapore Journalism.
On that page, fugitive Singapore opposition leader inserted a line of caution: Beware if you have to talk to journalists from Singapore!!!
Beware if you have to talk to journalists from
The following is a list of Singapore journalists who swarmed liked� (whatever your imagination fancies) to file numerous Affidavits in support of 13 defamation suits filed by Singapore People's Action Party (PAP) against an opposition politician in Singapore ;-
11. Brendan Pereira's 1st Affidavit filed on 2nd May 1997.
12. Chang Ai-Lien's 1st Affidavit filed on 29th April 1997.
13. Eliza Teoh's 1st Affidavit filed on 29th April 1997.
14. Eliza Teoh's 2nd Affidavit filed on 30th April 1997.
15. Jason Leow's 1st Affidavit filed on 29th April 1997.
16. Jason Leow's 2nd Affidavit filed on 29th April 1997.
17. Leong Ching Ching's 1st Affidavit filed on 29th April 1997.
18. Leong Ching Ching's 2nd Affidavit filed on 30th April 1997.
19. Ng Sock Hiang, Serene Marie, Low Sock Eng Jeannie and Simon Tan Thoo Seng's Joint Affidavit filed on 30th April 1997.
20. Pang Gek Choo's 1st Affidavit filed on 29th April 1997.
21. Ravi Veloo's 1st affidavit filed on 29th April 1997.
22. Surinder Singh's 1st Affidavit sworn on 30th April 1997.
Revi Veloo and Brendan Pereira had allegedly filed affidavits in support of 13 defamation suits filed by Lee Kuan Yew's ruling PAP against an Opposition politician in the republic back in 1997.